Peoples National Bank of Kewanee is a long-standing institution in the Tri-County area. Serving Kewanee for over 85 years, Peoples National Bank of Kewanee also serves the communities of Annawan, Bradford, Manlius, Sheffield, and Tampico.
On March 1, 1928, Peoples State Savings Bank opened its doors at the corner of Tremont and Second Streets. In recognition of its growing strength and stability, the bank was accepted as a member of the Federal Reserve System in November of 1933. On February 26, 1934, Peoples State Savings Bank moved to 207 N Tremont Street in Kewanee, IL, where it is still operating today as Peoples National Bank of Kewanee (PNB) after converting to a national charter on June 30, 1939.
Throughout the years, PNB has displayed leadership through the recognition, acceptance, and use of new technologies. PNB established the first drive up window in Kewanee in June of 1958, which was later followed by the opening of the Southtown drive up facility in December of 1976. Peoples National Bank of Kewanee also established the first ATM in Kewanee in August of 1983, and the bank now has 12 convenient ATM locations throughout the local communities. PNB was also the first local institution to introduce mobile banking in December of 2010.
Peoples National Bank of Kewanee also prides itself on establishing the first local bank program exclusively for seniors. Knowing the importance of the senior population in the community, PNB established the Priority Plus Club in 1994. Priority Plus Club members receive a special package of financial products and services, as well as several travel and entertainment opportunities throughout the year.
Peoples National Bank of Kewanee continues to grow and thrive, and we pride ourselves on looking forward and establishing new and exciting products, services, and programs for our customers and communities.